Thursday, October 13, 2011

Regional Celebration and my dirty little secret. . .

At the end of last month Close to My Heart held one of their many Regional Celebrations right here in Vancouver!  How could I NOT sign up?  Over the years there have been a few I've thought about, Calgary, Toronto, Seattle . . but the expense of travel deterred me.  
when I learned they were coming toVancouver, I was so excited.  My upline was even more excited because she knew my dirty little secret.  I had never taken a scrapbook / papercrafting class before.  Yeah, I know I'm a consultant. I TEACH classes. I GUESS it's about time I took one. 
Oh the things I saw, Oh the things I learned, Oh the things I wanted to IMMEDIATELY order and Oh the goodies I WON!  I came home with over $300 in free CTMH product.  Hello!
One item that really caught my eye (and I snapped a pic with my iphone) was an autumn layout using the "Wicked" August Stamp of the Month.  I had had a customer ask me about the honeycomb stamp shape and what I would use it for.  The autumn layout was a perfect example.  It was a silent auction item . . that I tried to so hard to win, but Alberta Consultant, Nancy Klein, beat me to it at the last minute! 
Anyway, with last weekends Crop for Kids 2011 complete and my house back in order I sat down to re-create this layout.
I love it so much we are going to make it for my October Hostess Club project.

I was able to use a few of my favorite products, show that the "Mischeif" paper pack is not JUST for Halloween and do some fun random stamping with that Honeycomb shape we didn't know what to do with.

Thanks for reading my FIRST CTMH Blog post.  Hope to bring you more as they come.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment