Thursday, January 19, 2012

I still Believe . . .

Tomorrow night is Hostess Club!  Yay, it feels like forever since my ladies came over for an evening of creating.  Tomorrow I hope not to dissapoint as this months layout will leave a sparkling impression!

It was very hard to NOT use paper from the new idea book for tomorrow's hostess Club.  however, new Idea Book doesn't go live until Feb 1 . . . so I sucked it up ("put on my big girl panties" as I heard at a crop last weekend) and we are doing a Christmas layout.  Lord may I not be the only person who hasn't even started scrapping Christmas . . . 2010 . . . yet.

My first point of inspiration, as often, was the CTMH bulletin board for consultants to share their artwork, idea and thoughts.  I found two layouts I loved: one by Twyla Norris worked well within the parametres that I wanted (single page, santa photo 5x7).  But then I searched a little more and found a layout by Brenda Rose that had a technique I have never done  - mixing embossing powder with glitter and then heat embossing. 

Well combine the genius of Twyla and Brenda (seriously these are two talented ladies, google them!) and I got this:


I love how crisp the white & prisma glitter embossing turned out right on the red.  Then I used the AP Cricut to cut out snowflakes in white and sky blue.  I covered in bonding memories glue and dipped them in prisma glitter.  You probably can't tell from the photo but I also glued glitter to the brads using liquid glass. 

Finally . . because I just couldn't help myself . . I did use one new item from the new idea book.  I used the adhesive springs!  The large snowflake is attached with an adhesive spring so it bounces and sproings about in a glittery way.

Hope my ladies enjoy it, I have so much fun creating for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment